Thursday 11 March 2010

Love and ducks


Having taken our most randy drake over to Randy Pike, where he will be in clover with four women all his own, I settled down to play with my newest delivery of glass and make lips.
Usually new glass takes time to understand - glass can be a hard mistress - but this is just gorgeous. Its a Cheap Thrill from Glass Alchemy called Fruit Punch, picked up in their sale last month. If you get it right and don't overwork it, it strikes in the kiln to a fabulous fuschia red. I love it and I'll never get more!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emma,

    I'm from BBC Radio Cumbria. I run a feature on the Ian Timms Show called Little Cumbria...

    Each week I ask three different people to keep a dairy for five consecutive days, to tell the story of their lives.

    Each diary entry needs to be 130 words, which is roughly 45 seconds in length.

    Once the diary is written, we then arrange a time to record it... And then I mix the three different diaries together with a narrator and theme music, and make a mini Cumbrian soap.

    It runs Monday to Friday at 1745, and is now entering it's 35th week.

    It's a bit of fun, and works really well, and for it to last I want to keep bringing new voices to the feature.

    I search local blogs because it is a great place to find people who enjoy being in the spotlight, and have talent for writing.

    Would you willing to have a bash?

    Here are my contact details... I look forward to hearing from you,

    Steven

    Steven Greaves | BBC Radio Cumbria
    Annetwell Street, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 8BB
    tel: 01228 592444
    e-mail: steven.greaves@bbc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete